In between hitting all the hottest garage sales in Clatskanie this Saturday, be sure to stop by the farmers market to celebrate all things bees!
- Vendors will be sharing tips, tricks (and sweet honey) with you and answering all of your beekeeping questions!
- There will be a literature display from OSU Extension and the Xerces Society with free information to take home!
- Each market shopper will receive a free organic clover honey stick (from Glory Bee!) to enjoy as they tour the market!
- Many of our vendors have put extra care and time into their wares, crafts, and yummy food offerings to include honey ingredients or bee-related crafts!
- Beekeepers will talk about the history of beekeeping, show off their specialized equipment and introduce you to their wonderful observation live bee hives!
- You’ll get to taste the difference between a light “Spring” flavor and the heartier “Summer” honey… from the same bees!
- Free activities for the kids will include fun crafts such as candle making and fill a seed packet for pollinators, storytime at 11am and 1pm, and a hands-on hive exploration with beekeeping equipment!
- Our artisan vendors, farmers, and the food cart will all have very special things to offer you tomorrow; and our sound stage will echo with the incredible country sounds of The Bloomers!
Come by on Saturday. See what all the buzz is about! Buy yourself (or your loved one) some local honey! All of this and more… at our little market in Copes’ Park! 10am-2pm! Bee there! Read more in our weekly newsletter HERE!
Last week we highlighted the delicious baked goodies featured at our Market. This week, let’s showcase some of the beautiful handcrafted art and wares that our talented vendors offer! Read all about it in the weekly newsletter HERE!
Have you noticed all the delicious baked goodies featured at our Market? Our talented home bakers stroll into Market Day, their arms laden with freshly baked bread, gooey cinnamon rolls, giant cookies, savory focaccia, delectable brownies, scrumptious scones, tasty muffins, incredible cupcakes, and the locally famous Finnish Cardamom Bread, just to name a few. You can also find toffee & fudge and even gluten free treats! Our local baking enthusiasts are able to sell these yummy treats since the passage of Oregon’s Home Baking Bill in 2016, a residential kitchen exemption law specifically written for home baked goods and confections. Although some of our vendors do bake their magical goodies in certified kitchens, the law provides for eliminating the need for a food establishment license or ODA inspection, and these vendors get to offer new baked goods to their customers without the high overhead cost of having a certified kitchen.
Read more and preview our vendor & music lineup in our weekly newsletter HERE.
Welcome, July! Hoping you all enjoyed your holiday and are ready to shop & re-stock & re-charge at the Farmers Market this weekend. What’s hot at the market? Art, jewelry, pastries, produce, crafts, fresh bread, minute massages, soap, candy, garden supplies, face-painting & bubble blowing, bee keeping supplies and honey! You are just sure to find treats & treasures aplenty to delight you and your loved ones this weekend at the coolest little market in Copes’ Park!
Read all about it and preview the vendor lineup for July 6th, 2019 in our weekly Newsletter – HERE!
“John’s Local Honey,” Quincy, Oregon. Photo by Steven Routon